It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wayne the Weird
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:15 pm 

Surprised there isn't more on Chortle about Wayne the Weird.

I saw Wayne at a private event near Stratford upon Avon on Friday night. He spent an hour working the room with some very good close up magic tricks, followed by a 40 minute stand up routine, involving many members of the audience. His audience was a wide age range (mid teens to late 70's), of about 70 guests. The conversation after his act was unanimously very positive - he was an ideal booking for this gathering.

Wayne is an accomplished magician, with a very dry comic act. Its easy to draw parallels with the style crafted by Tommy Cooper - but with much more impressive (and successful!) magic tricks. His act ran very smoothly with some tricky routines which needed careful guidance of guests at times. His tricks included various card tricks, rope tricks and some very unique and never seen before by me or any of the other guests I spoke too - involving crumpets (yes crumpets!), cereal, 13 amp plug, and a very surprising escape routine.

Lots of puns, and funny stories linking the routine together - and got a lot of laughs working with the various audience members that came up to help with the majority of his tricks.

I'd have no problem recommending Wayne for a club booking, private booking and corporate event. You wouldn't be disappointed. Google shows he will appear in clubs from Sunderland to Frome - so I'm sure you'll get a chance to see him near you soon - I'd recommend it.

To book him yourself contact him here: http://www.waynetheweird.co.uk/home-page

This is a genuine review - I have no commercial or personal interest in this act. Happy to answer any questions or comments.