It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:02 pm 

The Lastminutecomedy Comedian Of The Year Competition 2017

Lastminutecomedy will once again be playing host to its Comedian Of The Year Competition in March & April 2017.

The winner this year will get full bookings at all the Lastminute Comedy shows and additionally get the opportunity to play in Scandinavia! Runners up will get half-sets at the above as well (Minus Scandinavia).

Previous winners of the competition include Kate Lucas, Pete Beckley, Olaf Falafel, Brennan Reece, President Obonjo and Jay Foreman.
Interested participants must be available for the following dates:

(one of)

March 30 (Burton Latimer, Northants)
April 5 (Henlow, Beds)
April 6 (RAF Henlow, Beds)
and
April 7 (The final, Hitchin, Herts)

The standard of this competition is relatively high. It is recommended that you do not enter without a minimum of two years solid experience. This is not an opportunity for stage time but a serious opportunity to get “onto” the circuit. Many other bookers and club owners respect the standards we set. Our gigs are professional, we do not require you to bring an audience with you – we have our own. We are not looking to rip off or exploit any acts. There will be up to nine acts in each heat.

Winners of each heat will get a £100 cash prize. Runners up will get £25. The top two in each will go through to the final, plus one or two more who have impressed, at Lastminutecomedy’s discretion. Everyone who gets to the final will be paid towards their expenses.

The heats and final are judged individually by members of the local press, venue owners, audience members and experienced theatre/comedy people. Winners are announced on the night at the end of the show.

To enter, contact lastminutecomedy@hotmail.co.uk including a Youtube clip (or equivalent) in the email if we are not already familiar with you. Acts will be expected to perform 5-8 minutes in the heats, possibly 8-10 minutes in the final.

Repeat entrants are welcome to apply again but should preferably have a new set to previous years.

Finally, we will send terms and conditions to successful applicants that they are expected to adhere to. Sorry if this all sounds rather serious, but it’s what made our competition so successful to date!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:14 pm 

Thanks to everyone who has been in touch so far. At present very few are women. I would like a bit more balance to the heats than it looks like we will end up with. I'll be in touch with everyone early next week so there is still plenty of time to apply. Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:19 pm 

This is now full and I already have a reserve list. If I do need anyone else (due to the inevitable dropouts) I will post here. Thanks ever so much to all that applied. It's a really high standard again this year and my apologies to anyone I didn't get back to - I was swamped!